Study Hospitality Management at South University
Specialization in Hospitality Management:
Description: The Bachelor of Business Administration with a specialization in Hospitality Management is designed to prepare students for first and second tier management employment within the hospitality industry. The focus of the program is to develop a specific understanding of the industry, while developing critical skills and management perspectives key to the hospitality industry. Students completing this program can enter into a wide-ranging career within an industry which is one of the leading industries world-wide in regards to economic growth and employment.
Skills Degree Will Provide: Upon completion of Bachelor of Business Administration with a specialization in Hospitality Management, each student should be able to:
- Understand and comprehend the various segments of operations within the hospitality industry.
- Understand the myriad of career opportunities and what each position entails within the hospitality industry.
- Comprehend the relationships between business management, tourism, and hospitality management.
- Develop knowledge of inter-departmental operations within hotels and restaurants and how they operate.
- Understand the hierarchical management organization chart and how managers are promoted within the industry.
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of service quality management and its applications.
- Understand the basics of business law and legal liability as it applies to the hospitality industry.
- Understand the fundamentals of facilities design and management as it pertains to the hospitality industry.
- Develop a preventative maintenance facilities program to be used within the hospitality industry.
- Develop an appreciation and knowledge base regarding the basics of beverage management.
- Apply skills developed within the understanding of employee relations as it relates to the hospitality industry.
- Become familiar with current trends as they relate to the hospitality industry.
Degree helps prepares you for the following jobs: This degree can help prepare you to be a manager at a large or small hotel, a manager in a large or small restaurant, a manager in an amusement park, a management role in the tourist industry or to manage your own hospitality business (bed and breakfast, restaurant, etc.)
South University –
Excellence in education. convenience. As a student pursuing an degree at South University, you have access to the many benefits we provide: including excellence in education and personalized attention: while enjoying the convenience of earning your bachelor’s degree online. Attending South University classes means no more driving to class. No more adjusting your schedule to accommodate scheduled class times. We give you the freedom to attend class anytime, day or night: from anywhere you can connect to the Internet. Take a moment to explore the many benefits South University offers you.
Master of Science
Master of Science in Criminal Justice
Crime Scene Investigation
General Business Administration
Management and Leadership
RN to BSN Degree
Find out more. Complete the form to request: more informationCONTACT THIS ONLINE SCHOOL