Looking to start a career in counselling psychology? We offer a psychology and counselling honours degree accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). We also offer a foundation degree and diploma developed in partnership with the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB).
Find out more about these and our other counselling courses below.
Why study Counselling with The Open University?
- Our qualifications are developed in partnership with the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB).
- Our BSc (Honours) Psychology and Counselling is one of a number of our degrees that’s accredited by the British Psychological Society.
- Develop practical and professional skills in counselling in online and off line learning environments.
- Explore a range of approaches to counselling and apply your knowledge to a variety of client needs, such as bereavement and anxiety
Careers in Counselling
The therapeutic value of counselling is increasingly recognised, with practitioners employed in private practice and in settings such as health and social care services, advisory organisations and helplines.
Our range of courses in counselling can help you start or progress your career as a:
- Counsellor or counselling psychologist.
- Youth Services and social worker.
Looking for something other than a qualification?
The majority of our modules can be studied by themselves, on a stand-alone basis. If you later choose to work towards a qualification, you may be able to count your study towards it.
All Counselling courses
Browse all the Counselling courses we offer – certificates, diplomas and degrees.
From exploring the right course for you to helping you register, our advisers can help.
As part of the OU’s response to Coronavirus, we have temporarily removed this option.
Please use the ‘Email us’ option to contact us.
Write to us at:
The Open University
PO Box 197