Arts and Humanities Courses
Human culture, in all its varieties, offers rich possibilities for study. You can explore anything from art history to music, or creative writing to philosophy with one of our arts and humanities courses. Find out where your interests can take you with The Open University.
Why study Arts and Humanities with The Open University?
Engage with other students across the globe with a qualification in arts and humanities from The Open University. You can study a wide range of subjects, with the opportunity to specialise in one or two disciplines to suit your interests or needs. Alongside the opportunity to develop key, transferrable skills, the OU can offer you:
- Undergraduate modules informed and developed as a result of our world-class research.
- A broad and exciting range of topics and themes in specific subject areas, providing you with new perspectives on culture, society and humanity.
- The opportunity to join the largest and most diverse faculty at the OU, with some 50,000 students on arts and social sciences courses.
Careers in Arts and Humanities
A qualification in arts and humanities will help in sharpening your IT skills, writing and ability to think independently. In today’s competitive job market, these key skills are greatly sought after in the world beyond study – whether you’re already working, volunteering or changing career.
Arts and humanities could lead to a career in:
- Creative and cultural industries
- Legal work
- Politics/local government
Looking for something other than a qualification?
The majority of our modules can be studied by themselves, on a stand-alone basis. If you later choose to work towards a qualification, you may be able to count your study towards it.
All Arts and Humanities courses
Browse all the Arts and Humanities courses we offer – certificates, diplomas and degrees.
From exploring the right course for you to helping you register, our advisers can help.
As part of the OU’s response to Coronavirus, we have temporarily removed this option.
Please use the ‘Email us’ option to contact us.
Write to us at:
The Open University
PO Box 197